Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rainbow International School. Asmara, Eritrea


Before I went to Eritrea six months ago, a friend of mine asked me to look into Rainbow International School, which is located in Asmara, Eritrea. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a chance to visit the school at that time. However, I searched and inquired about the school after I came back to the United States. I also had a chance to talk to Professor Asmarom Legesse (when he visited the United States in May 2008) who is the chairman of the board of managers who run the school. It would be redundant for me to go in detail here (since the information can be obtained from their website), but suffice to say that the school is owned by parents who run the school through a board of managers. Their motto reads, "every child matters." This is a brief introduction to the public about a school run by parents.


The url of the school’s website is:

http://www. rainbow-eritrea.com



The pictures are courtesy of Professor Asmerom Legesse.









2 comments:

  1. selamat Ato Isayas

    I did not know such a superb website exists that deals with Eritreans.

    Keep it up for every small effort that we expend contributes to the growth the nation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many of the kids are of the PFDJ brass?

    ReplyDelete